535 Barrington Drive
Historic Roswell Square
National Register of Historic Places
Built in 1842 for Barrington and Catherine Nephew King, Barrington Hall sits on a prominent site directly across from the town square. Barrington King was the son of Roswell King, and a co-founder of the Roswell "colony." Barrington's Greek revival mansion with fourteen fluted columns and a porch extending on three sides, had a commanding view of the village. From the captain’s walk on the roof, Barrington could see the mill, Vickery Creek and the Chattahoochee River in the distance. A circular drive bordered by cedars led from the street down to a handsome, tall, white, arched gate inscribed with the name “Barrington Hall.”
A reporter from the Atlanta Journal described the estate in 1923.
Occupied by the Barrington
King Family and their descendants for 160 years, the beautiful home on
the historic town square is now owned by the City of Roswell.
For more information BarrringtonHall-Roswell.com
As an Amazon Associate, we earn commissions from qualifying purchases on Amazon.com at no cost to you. Purchases of qualifying products from other affiliates generated by links on this site, may result in additional sources of affiliate commission.